Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Scoring TRS

From: Stephen Strahan <stephen@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:19:57 +0800
Subject: Re: Scoring TRS
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
To: "Dongerous!" <fastslow@idt.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Wow.. Im new to this group but have loved Kate for a long time.. altho
somewhat intermittently I will admit :)  Whats so awful about The Red
Shoes?? I think theres some great stuff on it. Ok I know I may be
opening myself up for a rant based on someone elses favourites <grin>
but its seems like a good and musically interesting album to me. I loved
Kates first 3 albums (first two particularly..TKI is one of my all-time
faves) and Hounds of Love is deeply cool too, like the Live ep and loved
December Will Be Magic Again (such a cool Christmassy song) .. not so
fond of The Dreaming (particularly the title track which while
instrumentally great just irritates cos its about the place where I live
and doesnt get some things right.. its Aborigines - not Aboriginies,
theyre 'roos if you must abbreviate..only infants might call them
kanga's, and we dont call them motorways here. Those are just personal
peeves tho.. no doubt others love the song) and really dont know The
Sensual World that well.  So.. what IS so wrong with TRS?<grin>

Steve