Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

70's reflux

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:06:47 -0700
Subject: 70's reflux
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

>>It will be interesting to see how the music industry reacts as the
>>population ages and the number of teens drops significantly over the
>>next 20 years.
>
>I thought that was what the whole 70s revival thing was about.  :P

GACK! No!  Anyone who actually was an adult in the 70's has firsthand
experience with how utterly, repulsively, disgustingly, horrible the whole
thing was!

Only another generation could be sentimental about the current, Disney-ized
concept of the 70's -- ugh!  How can one possibly stage a revival based on
polyester and the Charlie Daniels Band?

Karen