Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A Weird View of The Ninth Wave

From: Monica Sztybel <stybz@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 00:34:30 -0400
Subject: Re: A Weird View of The Ninth Wave
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ralph Eisermann wrote:

> > I thought it was about a probable (at the time) disaster with the space
> > shuttle. (please don't laugh)

> no it is not ! The Challenger Disaster took place in 1987, I think.
> Its main cause was that NASA ignored warnings on the booster technology as
> well they reduced the sensors !

It was 1986, I believe.  I had just gotten into Kate at the time and I
was a freshman (second semester) in college.  HOL had already been out
for a while at that point, so there's no way it's directly referencing
that explosion.  However, to the person who orignally brought up the
shuttle idea, your theory about a shuttle crashing (a fictionalized one,
for example) is not weird in my book:-)

Monica
--
"To touch a soul is a precious gift."