Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Stan Ridgeway

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:01:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Stan Ridgeway
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
To: Jon Haverman <haves@en.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jon Haverman wrote:

> >>  ---
> >> Funny that Stan Ridgway should come up right here--I made a post
> last
> >> week mentioning him, but haven't seen it here.
> >>
> >> The post said, in essence, that Stan and Kate, for all their
> >> differences, have certain things in common--especially, writing
> very
> >> "personal" (and creative) music.
>
> Tori Amos sings background vocals on Stan Ridgway's "Mosquitos" LP!!!

...Yes, right, as a matter of fact, I didn't think to mention that. And
though I don't know that Tori is a *major* factor in it, *Mosquitos* is
IMHO a *terrific* album!

BTW, talking about Ridgway & his bunch, has anybody heard any of Pietra
Wexstun's (Ridgway's "sorceress of sound") efforts, e.g. with Hecate's
Angels?

--
http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/