Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Does Kate sing on Band Aid, "Feed the World"

From: Heather Russell <hrussell@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 11:42:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Does Kate sing on Band Aid, "Feed the World"
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

>At 4:42 PM -0700 7-12-97, Philliph wrote:
>>I have a CD player that holds 200 CD's and often let it play songs at
>>random. This afternoon I was working at my PC while playing CD's at
>>random, and my player played Back to Back songs, "Army Dreamers", and
>>then the Band Aid, song "Feed the World", which reminded me of a
>>question that I  have often wondered. Does Kate sing on "Feed the
>>world", and if so is there any specific part where her voice is
>>predominant, or at least noticable? I know that I, as a very long and
>>loyal Kate fan(atic) could be chastised for not knowing this, and should
>>be able to recognize her voice, but please humour me.
>
>No, that was Tori Amos.

>   Kate was not on Band Aid. She was on the Let It Be benefit
>single for Ferry Aid. But her part was done at her own studio.

Actually, if you can believe this, she was never even _asked_ to be a
part of Band Aid!  I remember her saying this in an interview around the
time of the Ferry Aid album - she sounded a little miffed about it
actually.

Heather

P.S.  I'm so glad the problems with love hounds have been fixed - I've
been reading the posts for months, and this is one of the first times
I've been able to post something to everyone!
--
| Heather Russell                   |