Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Waking the Witch on HOL Remastered

From: Jennifer & Sharon <Jenshar@cris.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 10:12:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Waking the Witch on HOL Remastered
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

I got the HOL re-release a couple days ago.  At first, I was reluctant to
shell put the bucks because I already had all the tracks on other CD's and
I wasn't sure I'd be able to tell much difference in the sould quality.
So I bought it anyway, and I'm delighted that the sound seems much more
clear and rich to me (I'm hearing things I never noticed before).

I've noticed one difference from my old copy of HOL: if I skip the new CD
ahead to Waking the Witch, I don't hear the familiar "Wake up!" at the
very beginning, because it's attached to the very end of Under Ice.  Is
that where it belongs?  Do other people's original copies have the "wake
up" at the beginning of WTW?

Thanks,
Jennifer