Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

[Fwd: Lilith fair]

From: tarasam@wolfenet.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:15:41 -0700
Subject: [Fwd: Lilith fair]
To: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>, "rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net" <rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net>, "rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net" <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>

From: tarasam@wolfenet.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:13:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Lilith fair
To: Donna Henderson <donna@math.uconn.edu>

Now, remember,  I saw the VERY FIRST SHOW of Lilith (which with any tour
you have to expect their will be rough spots the first week or two of
dates), and while I enjoy all the artists and respect what Sarah was she
is trying to accomplish with this tour, I feel you really need to be a
HARDCORE fan of at least of two these artists to justify the $50+ ticket
price.  I work in the local media and was fortunate to receive two
comps, but I felt ripped off!  The show started late, the sound quality
varied from artist to artist, and for only forty minutes of music from
INCREDIBLE artists like Tracy, Suzanne, Cassandra Wilson, and Sarah, it
just wasn't enough for all but the most "pedestrian" of music fans.  I
loved the energy and enthusiam from fellow concert goers towards the
artists and the festival, despite the lack of  sufficient restrooms or
food merchants.  If you can spare fifty bucks, a day, and have the
opportunity to experience the Lilith fair in a music friendly
environment  (The show I went to was at an outdoor ampitheater
overlooking the Columbia river...Spectacular setting),  then GO...If you
can't say yes to all of the above, then wait till your favorite
artist(s) come back to your area in a more intimate setting, and for a
longer set... Comments anyone?