Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and The Young Ones

From: Leigh.Perkins@sset.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 16:52:48 -0700
Subject: Kate and The Young Ones
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

     Hi Lane

     Although members of TYO did appear in Les Dogs, the production was
     actually one of the comic strip presents series.

     I'm at work at the moment - can anyone else help out on the name of
     the writers and key stars (one of which I am sure directed TSW video -
     Peter something something - help)

     Others in the series included such classix as "Fist full of travellers
     cheques", Bad News and Mr Jolly lives next door.  Find these and Les
     Dogs will not be far behind.

     Leigh

Author:  love-hounds@gryphon.com at INTERNET
Date:    7/9/97 10:10 AM

In digest #162 Ian wrote:

>On a different Kate topic, I recently watched again my video
>recording of The Young Ones' "Les Dogs", featuring Kate (sigh).
>What do love-hounds think of this bizarre tale?
>(May be more familiar to the UK contingent)

As an American fan of both Kate and The Young Ones, and a victim of the
difficulty of gathering information on both during the pre-internet
days, this post made me curious.  I thought that I had seen all of the
episodes of TYO multiple times on MTV several years ago, but I don't
remember any Kate references, or an episode called "Les Dogs".  I've
read about the Kate/Young Ones skit from Comic Relief (but sadly, I have
never seen it).  Is this what you are referring to, or is "Les Dogs"
something else entirely?  Details please.

Lane

--
"Now is the place where the crossroads meet.
Will you look into the future?" -KT