Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Babooshka Hated?!?

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 21:17:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Babooshka Hated?!?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Alan Chamberlin writes:

> Babooshka a "hated" song!?  Perish the thought.  It's one of the songs
> (heard over the store sound system) that convinced me to buy my first Kate
> album.

> To this day definitely part of my top ten Kate songs.  Love the video too.
> And the poster.  Love the outfit. Make that both outfits.

   "Both"...son, you need a copy of the Love-hounds Collection. You *must*
see the "Dr. Hook" version of Babooshka for the "bi-polar Kate" (and
no Fairlight glass smashes.

> Kate in chain mail with a sword.  Kate in leotards with a bass violin.
> Sigh!!!!!

    There are actually quite a few different versions. I'd count them, but I'm
writing this on a train.

    When I get home, I'll be making some master tapes, and a new round
of dubbing will commence. Two people have volunteered to do dubs.
Details will be announced soon. Is someone willing to volunteer to
coordinate? I travel too much to keep up. All it takes is a little time
and e-mail.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb