Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love Hounds Collection

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 21:17:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Love Hounds Collection
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Date: 1 Jul 1997 07:05:49 GMT
From: "Thomas A. Hendricks" <tahendr?rs6000.cmp.ilstu.e?u@thor.cmp.ilstu.edu>
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Subject

Donna Henderson <donna@math.uconn.edu> wrote:
<splitting splitting sounds>

>: "I don't know why I give in, but I do every time.
>: And here I am wondering why I did it again.
>: Too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay's what I say
>:      To keep me going, To keep the shit away."  Kate Bush
                                     ^^^^
> Last time I checked "Kate Bush Complete" it specifically said "ship"...
> maybe not this time though...<g>

    This error was introduced by the English lyrics on the Japanese
single release. It is *definitely* "shit". Kate has no problem using
profanity if she needs it to express herself (witness "Song of
Solomon" and using the word "fuck" in the Zig-Zag interview.)

    Record companies and fans have changed Kate's words
to keep them "family friendly"...Kate Bush Complete and the
version of Zig-Zag that appeared in "Breakthrough" where
"fucked" was changed to "mucked".

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb