Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Seeking Kate promotional poster for TSW

From: The Timster <timster@mo.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:26:30 -0500
Subject: Seeking Kate promotional poster for TSW
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Several years ago (ca. 1992) I remember seeing a promotional poster at a
record store in St. Louis, USA (Vintage Vinyl) for The Sensual World.  I
remember the feel of the image more distinctly than the exact details,
but at the time I had never heard of Kate Bush, and was so awestruck by
the poster that I bought the CD soon after.

It featured a B&W image of Kate as a kind of pirate or adventuress,
scantily clad in a loincloth with a large knife sheathed on her hip -
sort of a female Indiana Jones thing.  That's how I remember it, anyway.

Over the past several years, I've collected more of her music, and have
gained a great appreciation of her.  I've looked through the R.M.G ftp
archives to try to find the image that originally so intrigued me, but
no luck.  Does anybody out there know what I'm talking about, and would
they be willing to post or e-mail a link?  I went back to the record
store some time later, and the poster was long gone.  I'd love to have
it as wallpaper for my computer, it captures her perfectly.