Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: StarMan

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 19:12:10 -0400
Subject: Re: StarMan
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

John Lang wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
>     The new terrestrial television station, Channel Five,
> has just shown John Carpenter's 1984 film StarMan
> here in the UK.
>
>     The soundtrack contains a sound similar to the low
> whistling heard at the end of Hello Earth (from TNW).
> Especially during the end sequence of the film, where
> Karen Allen says goodbye to Jeff Bridges.  He played
> the part of a marooned alien who had re-created the
> body of her dead husband in an attempt to
> get home.
>
>     The date of the film is interesting.
>
> John St.Clair Lang
> ==================== Plymouth, England (UK)

---I don't remember that very well, but I'll relate this (anyone else
out there have this experience--likely, I'd wager) I listened to Hounds
of Love a lot about the last month of 1985 and the first few months of
1986. When the Challenger disaster happened, "Hello Earth" took on a
whole different feeling. If you know what I mean.

--Ron
http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/