Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love Hounds Collection

From: "Donna Henderson" <donna@math.uconn.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:37:25 +0000
Subject: Love Hounds Collection
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <donna@tatung.math.uconn.edu>

Greetings! Hounds.

I just got my Love Hounds / KaTe-topia  video collections last
night.  Yum yum yum, I eat the music!!

A couple questions:

What the HELL was that asian lounge act 'rolling the ball' about?
key-RIST!  talk about painful!  These asian singers (reference "let it
be" also) are more 'white' than wayne newton.. ok, not *that* white,
but - whoa!

Does anyone know if KaTe intended the Marilyn Monroe (from some like
it hot) fertility dance w/ uke in Rocket Man Video???  (Image my
suprise, being that Marilyn frequents my CD player almost as much as
KaTe)

I LOVED the Rowan Atkinson duet! (Another Fav performer...!)  It was
everything I remembered AND MORE!!! does anyone happen to know what
the phrase is before "Is chairman mao dead?" something about some
sort of Head? I tried to query some of the lryic sites, to no avail.

Who is this insane Faith Brown?  Is she still around?  She struck me
as a 0+ Benny Hill.. yuck.  Her 'impression' of KaTe was pretty
impressive (except a couple aspects of her physical presence really
bothered me.. one of them being that her head seems WAY TO BIG for
her body..) she had the intonation and voice DOWN, but her portrayal
of KaTe as a ditz was pretty off, being that 20+ years later, KaTe is
here and wonderful, and I've never heard of Faith.  don't get me
wrong, I laughed, thought it was funny, but these things were totally
in the forefront of my mind while watching.  My favorites was KaTe
'flying' during WOW and after wondering "what the heck is three
little fishes" hearing/remembering it!!

Anyway, hope to view the rest this weekend.. i'm sure I'll have more
questions...

d~
"I don't know why I give in, but I do every time.
And here I am wondering why I did it again.
Too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay, too-ree-o, too-ree-ay's what I say
     To keep me going, To keep the shit away."  Kate Bush