Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MPEG

From: Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 97 15:21:45 +0200
Subject: Re: MPEG
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Karen wrote:
> This week I downloaded the MPEG reader program called "Xing" and found that
> I can now run my Kate Bush Whole Story Video CD from my PC at work.  Still
> haven't found a good MPEG reader for Macintosh -- does anyone know of one?

There's an MPEG extension for Quicktime 2.5 available somewhere on Apple's
web site (www.quicktime.apple.com). It needs a PowerPC processor and, if
you want to play files off a VideoCD, Apple's own CD driver (which in
turn only works with Apple CD drives).

Then there's Sparkle 2.4.5, an MPEG player and converter. It's a bit slower
and can't handle sound. But with all the picture quality options set it can
produce quite good stills.

ciao,
Rolf