Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

How young can one get?

From: saltc <saltc@xjtu.edu.cn>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:14:56 -0700
Subject: How young can one get?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

well, one of my friends, who is a love-hound too, asked me how old I was
when I first got hooked; that was in 1977, when I was 7. believe it or n
ot, I was at home in Oostende (Belgium), listening to a North Sea pirate
radio station called Radio Veronica with my elder brother (who was and s
till is a Led Zeppelin fan!), when they played a demo(?) version of "The
Saxophone Song"; or maybe it was a bootleg.

Anyway, the song struck me like a bolt of lightning. Ever since I have b
een a fan. No, I do not have all the special editions, bootlegs and so o
n; but I do have the knowledge of being among the first to ever listen t
o her galactic voice on some sort of recording...

Somehow, all this reminds me of the film "Diva", where a fan records a c
oncert of a beautiful opera singer, and guys try to get hold of the tape
s.... No, I didn't record that 1977 broadcast. I didn't need to; it's al
l still there.

Swat.