Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: younger fans

From: lvermeer@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Leslie Vermeer)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:40:33 -0600
Subject: Re: younger fans
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

>Steve Borden (sborden@netway1.mdc.net) wrote:
>>And I thought I was a young one around here!  (I'm 27.)  Any other Kate
>>fans out there in this age bracket?

I'm 27.5 today and discovered Kate ca. 1982 by seeing her videos "Wow" and
"Breathing" as "filler" on the cable channels. Became an undying fan in
1984 when I discovered _The Dreaming_ (still my favourite). I've tried
compiling my "top ten" several times, but 1) ten is never enough and 2)
favourites vary from situation to situation. Always "Suspended in Gaffa"
and "Running Up That Hill", "Under the Ivy", "Moving"... but listing seems
so reductive!

Canada used to be home to large contingents of Kate fans - any of you still
out there?

Leslie
lvermeer@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca