Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Male 'ecto' artists

From: Allan Anderson <cerebus@megamed.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Male 'ecto' artists
To: Love Hounds list <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>

Oh, and don't forget folks like Bowie, Lou Reed, and Leonard Cohen...

I recently picked up a CD called _Deep Blue_, by a guy named Peter Mulvey.
He was opening and touring with Dar Williams.  He has a fairly ecto-like
quality to him, in that he reminds me a bit of the many, predominately
female artists popuar in gaffa circles.  He's got some interesting lyrics,
and a neat evocative voice.  He reminds me a bit of Nick Drake soemtimes,
but tends towards more rough, blusey, uptempo stuff.  I quite like him...
Actually, of any female artists, he most reminds me of Ani DiFranco.

 ---
 "We are the candle that burns brightly, stubbornly, effectively...
		but briefly."  -- JMS