Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 9th wave

From: Andrzej Markiewicz <daisyhed@adelaide.dialix.com.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 23:51:30 +0930 (CST)
Subject: Re: 9th wave
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ifeel I too must now purge my soul of the black lurking shame. I don't
like the Ninth Wave either.
I don't hate it, and it has great moments (like Tales of Topographic
Oceans), but I could live without it.
By contrast, Cloudbusting, Hounds of Love, and The Big Sky, make me dance
and spin and laugh and cry at the same time.
And I skip the track Mother Stands for Comfort EVERY time! Can't stand it!
My biggest KaTe heresy: I do not like RUTH *gasp*.
HOL shouls have been a 3 song single instead of a two part album!!
To continue with this shameless apostasy, Kick Inside is KaTe's most
perfect album.
Her second best album, and the most underrated, is The Red Shoes. This
album is only spoiled by that awful Skippy collaboration,Why Should I
Love You.Remove it, Constellation of the Heart, and (maybe) Top Of the
City, and the Red Shoes would be perfect.

Unjay