Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Woman Of Ireland

From: Ariusz Nowak <ariusz@tk.net.pl>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 22:51:28 +0100
Subject: Woman Of Ireland
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Hi,

I just listen to the kind of "The Best" album by Mike Oldfield and payed
attention for the track called "Woman Of Ireland". It's the same melody as
the song "Mna Na Eirehann" (sorry if I mispelled) singing by Kate.
I think it would be no surprise 'cause Mike Oldfield is interested in
Irish music. What surprised me is that according to inlay tha track is written
by Mike Odfield and I always thought it is traditional tune.
Maybe it's the mistake.
Anybody knows something about that? The track is from the Mike's album
Voyager (1996). Maybe somebody own that record - what is written on the
cover of it.

Ariusz