Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 9th Wave

From: heisjohn@juno.com
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 19:35:35 EDT
Subject: Re: 9th Wave
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Don wrote:
<MAJOR snippage>
>>> Sorry, but I don't recognize its merit. I think TNW is something
>we're
>>> supposed to be kind about, right?
>>
>>No.
>>This group uniformly (until now :) recognizes the genius of TNW.
>>(Actually, since I don't know how you feel about using smileys,
>>I would guess you are joking here.)
>
>I would guess that some people on the list are afraid to express an
>unpopular opinion.

Don, Don, Don...  your killin' me here!  You suggest that the emperor
just *might* be a tad underdressed, and all of Gaffaland labels you a
heretic!

I have to agree that it's probably a stretch to say the entire group
recognizes TNW as the quintessential Kate composition -- heck, it's real
long; impossible to listen to "casually"; it really *sucks* around the
pool and at the beach; and you just can't dance to it, you know?

Of course, just for grins, we could all listen to it again tonight, then
resurrect the endless "Did She Die?" or "Did She Live?" or "Was it all
just a hallucination?" debate!  (If nothing else, it will add a little
variety to the ubiquitous Tori, "Top 5" and "Bottom 5" posts.)

So thanks for the laugh over the past few days.  Not only did you have
the courage to pee on a "masterpiece", but you backed it up with a pretty
logical (albeit opinionated) argument.  (Oh, and just for the record, I
personally think TNW *brilliant* for what it is...)

John