Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: tori bad?!?

From: donna@NOSPAM.math.uconn.edu (djh)
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:16:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: tori bad?!?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970513105816.20694A-100000@cd>, scasterg@dispatch.com
says...

>Why would they bother to market someone as a clone of someone who is, in
>the American market, a rather minor, obscure cult artist? It would be
>like someone being marketed as a clone of Jane Siberry.

I have a special promotional 'magazine' dedicated entirely to tori that was put
out right before Little Earthquakes was released.  I called the music buyer for
our company AS SOON as I saw (in bold, in the middle of one page, with the
article text wraped around it) "I've been hearing comparisons to Kate Bush for
a long time now, but I don't hear it" or something like that.

If this message posts, (I've tried 3 times now...) please note that I will dig
it out of my tori collection and post direct quote, including date and original
publication....

d~