Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Win95 Desktop Images

From: Mike H <mikeh@bj-clark.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:13:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Win95 Desktop Images
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Greetings chaps & chapesses,

Apologies if you've seen this before but I'm not sure whether my
software was working properly previously - the following was originally
for the benefit of Matt:

In article <9704118607.AA860768616@wmcmail.wmc.ac.uk>,
matt.adams@wmcmail.wmc.ac.uk writes

>     Hi,
>
>     Any of you guys got a Win95 start-up screen of Kate?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Matt

I wrote:
Do you mean something that replaces the clouds one on startup, or more
general desktop bitmaps? Not sure how you replace the clouds picture,
although mine stopped doing it after I installed a 1G-byte hard disk
driver. So I can't play around with it if I wanted to.

If you're at all interested in 640 x 480, 256 colour BMPs for the
desktop I've got four quite useable ones. (Actually I should also be
able to make them bigger for 800 x 600 & 1024 x 768 if required.)

1. scan of Ninth Wave 'B/W' (floating in water), nice sepia tinge.
2. scan of a portrait from inside Lionheart album, backlit frizzy hair,
very warm colours (lots of red & orange).
3. 2 variations of the Single File video cover (Babooshka). Tricky that
was cos the original is miniscule. They're not too bad though.
4. scan of front Kick Inside UK sleeve (kite), but needs finishing off.
Another very red & yellow one.

Transporting them could be tres awkward, though - they could be GIFs but
then need converting back to BMPs, or they could be ZIPped. Or I could
always slo-mail a disk!

So as not to be left out, here is a top five list selected according to
what might be called the 'goose-pimple' factor:
1. The Morning Fog
2. Love And Anger
3. Leave It Open
4. The Big Sky
5. I'm Still Waiting

If this post works maybe next time I will be able to present my 'least
able to think about anything else while listening to them' list - not
recommended for driving!

--
Mike H