Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Multi-versioned Kate (very long)

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 28 May 97 10:21:08 EDT
Subject: The Multi-versioned Kate (very long)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Greetings Love-hounds;

   Since there was some talk about the different versions of Eat The Music
lately,   I thought it might be nice to have a list of all the songs that have
different versions.  In compiling this list, I've purposely excluded bootlegged
live versions.  This list is not intended to show where one can find any
particular version.  Therefore I'm not going to list ALL the LPs, 12", 7", CD,
etc. where I can find the New Vocal version of WH for example.  But I will list
the most common place to find any particular version.

   If I missed anything, please let me know so I can make updates to this list.

Peace

ron

Abbreviations:

TKI  The Kick Inside
LH   Lionheart
HO   Hammersmith Odean video and/or CD
NfE  Never For Ever
TD   The Dreaming
HoL  Hounds Of Love
TWS  The Whole Story
TSW  The Sensual World
TRS  The Red Shoes

Moving
  - LP version (TKI)
  - Live (HO)

Strange Phenomena
  - LP (TKI)
  - Live (HO)

Kite
  - LP (TKI)
  - Live (HO)

The Man with The Child In His Eyes
  - LP (TKI)
  - Mono version (The Man...  promo 7")
  - Single version "He's here..."  (The Man... 7")

Wuthering Heights
  - LP (TKI)
  - Mono version (Wuthering Heights promo 7")
  - New vocal (TWS)
  - Live  (HO)

James And The Cold Gun
  - LP (TKI)
  - Live  (On Stage EP)
  - Live  (HO)   different version than On Stage ?

Feel It
  - LP (TKI)
  - Live (HO)

L'Amour Looks Something Like You
  - LP (TKI)
  - Live (on Stage EP)

Them Heavy People
  - LP (TKI)
  - Mono version (Them Heavy People promo 12")
  - Live (on Stage EP)
  - Live (HO)    different version than On Stage ?

Wow
  - LP (LH)
  - Live (HO)

Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake
  - LP (LH)
  - Live (on Stage EP)
  - Live (HO)  different version than On Stage ?

Oh England, My Lionheart
  - LP (LH)
  - Live (HO)

December Will Be Magic Again
  - single version  (December... 7")
  - bongo version   (It's Christmas CD...careful: not all pressings)

The Wedding List
  - LP (NfE)
  - Live (The Prince's Trust Collection LP)

Violin
  - LP (NfE)
  - Live (HO)

Aa Infant Kiss
  - LP (NfE)
  - french version (Kate Bush EP)

Army Dreamers
  - LP (NfE)
  - Single version, no fade out at the end of the song (Army Dreamers 7")

Breathing
  - LP (NfE)
  - Live (Utterly Utterly Live, Comic Relief LP)

Sat In Your Lap
  - LP (TD)
  - Single version, an early mix of the song (Sat In Your Lap 7")

The Dreaming
  - LP (TD)
  - Instrumental version, Dreamtime  (the Dreaming 7")

Ne T'Enfuis Pas
  - Kate Bush EP
  - Early mix, different take  (There Goes A Tenner 7")

Running Up That Hill
  - LP (HoL)
  - Extended version (RUTH 12")
  - Instrumental version (RUTH 12")
  - Live (Secret Policeman's Third Ball)

Hounds Of Love
  - LP (HoL)
  - Alternative Hounds Of Love (Alternative Hounds Of Love 12")
  - Extended version, first verse repeated (Hounds Of Love promo 7")

The Big Sky
  - LP (HoL)
  - Meteorological Mix (Big Sky 12")
  - Special Single mix (Big Sky 7")

Cloudbusting
  - LP (HoL)
  - Orgonon Mix (Cloudbusting 12")
  - video version (Red shoes Part 1 CD-single)

Experiment IV
  - LP (TWS)
  - Extended version (Experiment IV 12")

Be Kind To My Mistakes
  - Castaway soundtrack version (Castaway LP)
  - shorter remixed version (This Woman's Work CD-single)

The Sensual World
  - LP (TSW)
  - Instrumental version (The Sensual World 12")

This Woman's Work
  - She's Having a Baby soundtrack version (She's Having a Baby LP)
  - LP version, slightly different (TSW)
  - Single mix (This Woman's Work 7")

Rubberband Girl
  - LP (TRS)
  - Extended Mix (Rubberband Girl CD-single)
  - US Mix (And So Is Love CD-single)

Eat The Music
  - LP (TRS)
  - 12" version (Eat the Music CD-single)

Moments Of Pleasure
  - LP (TRS)
  - Instrumental version (Moments Of Pleasure 12")

The Red Shoes
  - LP (TRS)
  - Shoedance  (The Red Shoes Part2 Cd-single)

Did I miss anything?