Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Substitute?

From: John Lang <106404.421@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:06:41 -0500
Subject: Substitute?
To: Love-hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

As the *real thing* is not around at the moment, I am always
on the look-out for something similar; something which could
move me as much as the original.  Of course there is nothing
around that can compare with that unique voice, or challenge
the heart-stopping effect her music can have.  However, I would
like to humbly suggest that a listen be given to Deep Forest.
They are, for those who don't already know, a French *group*
who sample ethnic music from around the world and integrate
the results onto synthesised backing tracks.  In particular,
from their CD: Boheme, a track called *Marta's Song* which
features the voice of Marta Sebestyen .....memories of TSW
and Trio Bulgarka!  If you want to go back to source don't
forget the original *Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares* for truly
amazing singing from Bulgaria.