Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hello Earth, misK.

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 97 11:04:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Hello Earth, misK.
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

Im not sure if D. Plaister was referring to this, but the whispered
part in Hello Earth is
"tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht"
(deeper, deeper, somewhere in the depth, there is a light)
and AFAIK this isn't spoken by Kate, but by Gabi Zangerl [sp?? see the
HoL special thanks list], a german EMI employee.

Lisa D. Langley wrote:
> I have a question about "Watching You Without Me" [...]
> What is KaTe saying where it sounds like "soneetnaw, soneetnawnee"?  Is it
> something backwards?  This has been bugging me for quite a long time.

I tried to decode that years ago with a friend's 4-track tape recorder,
only to find out that it isn't backwards. I don't remember the official
solution, but it was something like "don't ignore, don't ignore me, let
me in and I won't be long". If you press your teeth firmly together and
try to speak that sentence without moving jaws or lips, only tongue,
it sounds almost like what you hear in the song.

Re: double grooved TSW
I thought all the UK pressings (regular and promo) had the double grooved
A-side. Are you sure there's a UK pressing without it? (it's not noted
on sleeve or labels anyway)

btw, is anyone familiar with singer Sara Craig? She's advertised as
"a must for Tori Amos and Kate Bush fans" (really!). I've only heard
one song by her ("Mr. Right"), kind of trip-folk, maybe somewhere between
Bjork and Sheryl Crow, but quite different from Tori or Kate.

ciao,
Rolf