Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Hello Earth

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 97 19:41:00 G
Subject: RE: Hello Earth
To: "'Love Hounds'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 16 TEXT

<<D Plaister wrote:         "I was listening to Hounds of Love tape last
night and just wondered if
anyone knows what Kate is singing in Latin? on Hello Earth.">>

I assume you're referring to the whispered section towards the end? If it's
the bit I'm thinking of it's in German, not Latin. Something like "Tiefer,
Tiefer, irgendwohin tiefer/ Gibt es ein Licht" -  which from my college
german translates as "Deeper, deeper, somewhere deeper down here/ there is a
light". Best to get a german native speaker to check it though 'cos mine's
pretty ropey.

Cheers,
     Mike