Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: how 'The Worlds of Kate Bush' touched my life. (fwd)

From: Fred Dech <fred@evl.uic.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:33:20 -0600
Subject: Re: how 'The Worlds of Kate Bush' touched my life. (fwd)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Forward, Jonathan wrote:

>   >  From: Fred Dech
>   >  To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
>   >  Subject: how 'The Worlds of Kate Bush' touched my life. (fwd)
>   >  Date: Friday, 28 February 1997 9:02AM
>   >
>   >  hi folks.
>   >
>   >  you all seem sorta bored
>
>  No-one could be bored enough to wade through that puerile crap.
>
> TSB

thanks TSB via Jonathan for the definative review.

no one's ever used puerile to refer to my writing before.  in fact, i
assume it means something similar to putrid or useless.  let me look it
up.  well i'll be damned!  "1. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. 2.
Immature; childish." [American Heritage New College Addition. 1980]

this is really something TSB.  i was just watching "Clueless" for the
fourth or fifth time a couple nights ago.  i'm sure you've seen it.
remember the part where Cory is working with her new friend and teaches
her a new word?  sound familiar?!  they learn 1 new word every week and
then try and use it in sentences during that week.  'guess my word for
this week is, 'puerile'!

thanks man.

-fd

--