Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: kate Backing Vocals

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 08:02:43 -0600
Subject: RE: kate Backing Vocals
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> From: Bob Haberkost <Bob-RavenswoodEngrg@worldnet.att.net>

>I was wondering if the group knew of one somewhat
>more obscure perfomer in which Kate (perhaps surprisingly) appears.

>The performer - Midge Ure.  The cut - Brother and Sister

Yes.  Know and have.  Midge Ure said in an interview about
the piece that Kate and Del came to cut the vocal and
let no one in the studio while doing it.  That's a more
common practice than one might suspect as cutting vocals
requires a lot of concentration and usually eye contact
between the engineer and vocalist.  It is also handy to
be able to see the meters.  Midge Ure referred to her
as a "near genius" and was complementary of her in
general.  Most of the article talked about the Atari
and German-made 24-track sequencer software.
Old stuff now but we still use one.

len