Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate (and Dar) on Party of Five

From: lenore@mail.microserve.net
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:07:13 -0600
Subject: Re: Kate (and Dar) on Party of Five
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> Well, I got a HUGE RUSH from the first piano chord of Kate Bush's "This Woman's
> Work" at the END of this episode -- and they played the WHOLE SONG!  It fit so
> perfectly... it's obvious the producers had seen Kate's video, with the hospital
> room.  That lovely song is on her album "The Sensual World", if you're not
> familiar.
Kate's video is nothing compared to the effect the song gives in the
movie "She's Having a Baby" with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern. The
movie's about a relationship between a struggling newly married couple.
When she goes into labor something goes wrong and "This Woman's Work"
plays over the entire traumatic scene. I cry every single time I watch
that movie. Rent it if you haven't seen it- you'll see the song and its
meaning in a whole new light! The effect is so much more powerful than
Kate's video. Lenore