Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Muzak Kate!

From: mplskyle1@aol.com
Date: 27 Feb 1997 12:42:34 GMT
Subject: Re: Muzak Kate!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <33121600.634D@nation.nationgroup.com>, bigz@nation.nationgroup.com (bigz) writes:

> It may as well be anybody. The
>true backing vocal is Prince himself. If I were Kate I'd be bloody
>furious.

It's been forever since i read the newsgroup & i may be quite off the general consensus of what everyone else things of My Computer... but i had to add a penny or two to the conversation.

While it's true that and 'actual kate vox' track is neglegible (sp?), it was a stroke of pure genius to have Kate sing the entire song with O(+> & then synthasize her vox & put it right under his throughout the whole of the song, making it sound simply like a keyboard loop/computer voice... if you listen very carefully i think you'll hear what i'm talking about.  I thought it was grand!!!! :)

glad to be back...
hope this post finds everyone in Gaffa land well & happy
~Kyle