Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate VS Tori

From: rave123@pipeline.com (Dave the Rave)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:03:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate VS Tori
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <9702250915.aa07060@relay.ieunet.ie>, carl@credo.ie wrote:

>Why is there always some silly comparison between Kate & Tori ??
>
>Kate is nothing like Tori and Tori is nothing like Kate, the only
>simularities are there're both women they both play the piano and they both
>write brilliant songs.

To a large degree that is true, BUT... I first got turned on to Tori
because I heard "Silent All These Years" and I thought her voice and style
in that song was so Kate-like.  Always on the lookout for other artists
who can make me feel as great as Kate does, I bought "Little Earthquakes",
and learned to enjoy Tori for her own individual attributes.

The bottom line is that there needn't be competition between these two
talented artists.  The world is a better place because we have both of
them here! :-)

Dave the Rave

--
rave123@pipeline.com