Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Man i Love

From: G.R.Wyatt@bristol.ac.uk (Graham Wyatt)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:35:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Man i Love
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Spbarker (spbarker@aol.com) wrote:
: grifone@rad.net.id (Grifone) asked:
:
: >Do you think ManI Love is a must-have for a Kate fan ? Did Kate sing well
: >in this song ?
:
: On the first question, I don't think this song is really essential for
: anyone but a completist.  On the second question - have you ever heard
: Kate singing badly?

Hmmmm. Well I suppose as she didn't write (or arrange) the song it might
be of less interest to the dedicated Kateophile, however it is by Gershwin,
who knew a thing or two about a good tune.

For completists wanting shivers down the spine, I would still definitely
recommend the common ground track. A bit expensive though, given it was
never released as a single, but WHAT a gorgeous melody and SO brilliantly
arranged.

Graham.