Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: man i love

From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:19:02 -0600
Subject: re: man i love
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>From: "Grifone" <grifone@rad.net.id>

>Hi,
>Do you think Man I Love is a must-have for a Kate fan ? Did Kate sing >well in this song ?

God, yes to both questions!

I'm a big fan of her voice and Gershwin.
I particularly like her voice when it isn't as layered,
and is recorded close to the mic and up front in the mix.
What is interesting to me is that on that recording,
she is well suited because her timbral range matches
what the singers of the period used... just a bit Betty Boop.

Then... she could sing a breakfast menu and I'd buy it.

len