Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate collaborations

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 03:35:24 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate collaborations
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Namaka wrote:

> He Is John wrote:
> >
> > Have any of Kate's collaborations with other artists ever been released on
> > CD?  Specifically, I'm looking for the Leslie Duncan and Zaine Griff songs.
> >  I had them on vinyl a number of years ago, but I don't have any clue what
> > became of them...
> >
> > John
>
> Last summer I came across a CD (most likely a bootleg) called Duets i
> believe and it had about twelve different songs with people like
> David Gilmour, Peter Gabriel, Roy Harper, and other people.  none
> of the songs were on any of her albums, at least i didn't recognize
> them.....
>
> I'm kicking myself now for not buying it!  I never saw it again.
>
> Anyone else have info on this?
>
> Erika

Yes, it's actually called 'Collaborations' and contains the
duets (or Kate on b'ground vocals) with Roy Harper, Zaine Griff,
Leslie Duncan and Big Country as well as "This Woman's Work"
which sounds like it was lifted directly from the film
soundtrack of "She's Having A Baby" (and complete with the
dialogue preceding the song).

The cover photo is the same as on the Vermorel book, with Kate
being attacked by a quick-moving ivy plant.

Robb