Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KATE ON EMI

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:10:46 -0600
Subject: Re: KATE ON EMI
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Does anyone know, where to get (inWWW of course) the catalogue of official
>EMI release of KAte CDs.

   The most complete discography of Kate's work is available on:

http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/discog/

   It's Uli Grepel's mammoth undertaking "This Woman's Work, a Kate Bush
Discography". It's part of Gaffaweb, the web site created by the combined
efforts of several readers of rec.music.gaffa.

>Or maybe, any of you know personally, what does EMI release beside Her
>major CD, Box Set and Hammersmith Odeon. I saw in an online store there's
>one called Collection, its catalogue indicate that its an EMI Canada
>release.

   The short answer is: All of Kate's music has been released by EMI. EMI
is her British record company, and was her US record company until
_The Red Shoes_. In the US and UK everything was released on either
EMI or EMI America (or an affiliated label like Harvest or Manhattan).

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb