Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KB lookalike in Soundmix show

From: monty@winter.mannheim-netz.de (Stefan Winterbauer)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 20:01:47 GMT
Subject: Re: KB lookalike in Soundmix show
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 3 Feb 1997 02:46:08 -0500, Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf
Peukert) wrote:

>The Soundmix Show, Feb. 1st, german commercial TV station RTL
>

>Anyway, last Saturday one of their candidates (a 38-year old music agent
>named Marion) did her version of Wuthering Heights. She was performing in
>a white dress, barefeet, but with a handheld microphone. The stage setting
>was certainly Keef-inspired: long flowing white curtains and fog.
>
>Her performance was quite good IMHO, her voice a bit closer to the original
>than Pat Benatar or Andre Matos (of Angra). Minor flaws in the lyrics probably
>went unnoticed by most of the listeners. Jury member Kai Havaii (of 'new german
>wave' band "Extrabreit") praised Marion's angelic voice afterwards.

Hi!

I saw the show, too, and didn't find the performance very good. I
think KB's voice is very hard to imitate, even more her special way of
phrasing the words.

I found the gestures of the lookalike also a bit exaggerated, it
seemed unnatural.

And I was angry about the lil pic they showed from Kate. It was an old
picture, which showed Kate with wide open eyes and open mouth looking
a lil bit insane. I think this portrays an image of Kate being a witch
like, more or less weired singer with a high pitched voice.

An image that Kate has proven to be wrong during the past years!!

I think Tina Turner was the right choice!! :-)

CU

Stefan Winterbauer