Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Some one help me out?

From: Spbarker@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:57:52 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Some one help me out?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>- --- John M Shea wrote:
>Can someone Please tell me what Kate Bush is singing during Peter
>Gabriel's "Games without Frontiers".
>- --- end of quoted material ---
>Kate sings: "Jeux sans frontieres"  which is
>french for "games without frontiers".
>BTW, Kate's accent is terrible.
>
>peace>
>
>ron

For those who did not grow up in Europe in the '70s or '80s, "Jeux sans
Frontieres"
(also known as "It's a Knockout") was a Europe-wide TV program in which teams
from different countries played games against each other.  It was a sort of
cross
between a school sports day and the Gladiators, with many of the games
requiring
the competitors to dress up in oversize foam rubber costumes (of giants,
chickens
or whatever).  It's not shown in the UK any more, but the last I heard it was
still
going on mainland Europe.

Simon