Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Tour Schedule (Complete)

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 00:15:39 -0600
Subject: Re: Kate Tour Schedule (Complete)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Robb McCaffree wrote:
>Nasty Jock wrote:
>
>> I heard one of the resons she wont be toring is because she is afraid to
>> fly and so she hasnt left england in the past 4 years

>Actually, this is an old fallacy. She has flown to the U.S. many
>times, including one trip in November of '93 (slightly less
>than four years ago) to "meet and greet" at Tower Records
>Manhattan.

>I think this notion -- which has been around for awhile -- came
>about because she was once going to sail here on...was it the
>QEII? Anyway, the trip was cancelled, and she didn't come.

  Actually, as the lyric says "...the truth lies somewhere in the middle".

  Kate *does* fly, and she *doesn't* much like it.

  When Kate flew over here to promote "Hounds of Love", we met her
plane...the Concorde. She flew it presumably in order to spend as
little time in an airplane as possible. She appeared quite relieved
to not be in an airplane any longer.

   On the other hand, according to a couple of sources, Kate attended
an EMI shindig in Las Vegas and was treated to a small airplane flight
over the Grand Canyon.

   One theory is that her ears hurt from the pressure changes of flight.
That used to happen to me, and I understand. But all she needs in a
really good decongentant. Works wonders.