Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Which demo ???

From: Mike Holmes <mikeh@bj-clark.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:44:38 +0000
Subject: Re: Which demo ???
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <yam6954.392.4933496@pppmail.appliedtheory.com>, Michael Rees
<mrees@pppmail.appliedtheory.com> writes
>On Wednesday, ScottWeb expressed with much marked refinement of phraseology:
>
>S> It's also interesting that on Lionheart, instead of using some of these
>S> songs, she recorded more immature songs like "In Search of Peter Pan".
>
>I beg to differ. There is nothing immature about _In Search of Peter Pan_. One
>can only hope that in another 14 years it will make more sense :)
>
>m.
I quite agree. I think that 'In Search of Peter Pan' is meant to SOUND
simple & immature in order to recreate the world of a child (which
subsequently comes to an end for him because of being told Peter Pan
doesn't actually exist).

It's what it seems like on the face of it, but, as usual, there are more
'layers' the deeper you go into it. It is actually a quite sophisticated
& polished song, & achieves the desired result, i.e. to sound childlike.
It probably required a lot of hard work getting it to sound like that.
It's one of my favourites from Lionheart, and pops into my head often,
even now.

--
Mike H 3C (UK)