Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Related Video

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 97 12:35:40 +0100
Subject: Re: Kate Related Video
To: eagokey@mailbox.syr.edu
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!

Eddie wrote:
> Some time ago, I saw a Canadian dance troupe performance on the A&E cable
> tv station which included interpretations of five Kate songs (Une Baiser
> d'Enfant, Ne T'en Fuis Pas, The Infant Kiss, Breathing, Running Up That
> Hill). I only happened to catch the end of Breathing and N'e T'en Fuis
> Pas, but what I saw was quite impressive.  The program is called "A Moving
> Picture," and is available, as far as I know, from Bullfrog Films, Oley,
> PA. for $34.95 plus $5.00 shipping. (1 800 543 FROG)  According to the
> credits, music by Laurie Anderson, Buffy St. Marie and others was also
> featured.

That sounds like:

Love Letters - A Dance Fantasy
    Choreography: Ann Ditchburn
    Dance: John Alleyne, Yolande Auger, Lorraine Blouin, Robert Desrosiers, Ann
        Ditchburn, Nina Goldman, Martine Lamy, Cynthia Lucas, Peter Ottmann,
        Caroline Richardson, Anita Olanick (all from the National Ballett of
        Canada)
    Music: Laurie Anderson (Kokoku / Born, Never Asked),
        Ahmed Hassan (percussions),
        Kate Bush (Une Baiser D'Enfant / Ne T'en Fuis Pas / The Infant Kiss /
            Breathing / Running Up That Hill),
        Andre Gagnon (Nelligan / Two Days In The Country / Les Turluteries),
        Buffy St. Marie (Love's Got To Breathe And Fly / Notody Will Ever Know It's
            Real But You),
        Leonard Cohen [did appear personally] (First We Take Manhattan),
        Jennifer Warnes (Famous Blue Raincoat),
        Penguin Cafe Orchestra (Music By Numbers, Numbers 1 to 4 / POigtail / Air),
        John Tucker (Demon, Pedestrian Groove Rogue)

    Year: 1987 (1988)
    Origin: A&E Cable Networks (originally CBC)
    Time: 48'37"

Haven't watched the tape in a long while though...

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]