Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Waking the Which

From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 97 20:05:02 EST
Subject: Waking the Which
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In a post about "Which Demo???", Julian Shaw wrote:

> Picking a favourite, for me, is easy, because "Dali" (a.k.a. "Ferry Me
> Over") sent shivers down my spine when I first heard it .......

This brought to mind something I've been trying to express since last
summer, when I paid a visit to the Salvador Dali art museum in St.
Petersburg, Florida.  As I walked in, around and through the building
I kept thinking of Kate and that somehow the way she approaches her art
is more like that of a "fine" artist, especially a Dali, than that of,
definitely, a performing artist, or a typical songwriter  I did not know
until I read the posts today that Dali was an alternate title for Ferry
Me Over, and I was happy to find out that there is evidently some connection
between Kate and Dali beyond what has existed in my mind for the last
seven months.  Don't know why, but the two seem to have more in common
than Kate and most/all music composers.
Neal Mulvenna                                          __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
phones: 205-507-3553; 704-594-3546          ..........\__/..\__/.......