Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

something new

From: Matt Humphrey <stock@capital.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 20:00:48 +0000
Subject: something new
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>     How many of you can honestly say that you don't hear something >"new" each time you listen to a piece of Kate's work?

One night I was really tired, so I just sprawled out on my bed and
played the Dreaming album really loud . . . I was captivated once
again.  I know the songs so well, but I heard nuances that had
previously escaped me.  And just thinking about the incredible
*process*--that Kate dreamed up these sounds and had the ability to
create them on tape!  Incredible!!! (Or should I say WOW,
unbelieveable!)

You can do this with any of her albums, really.  (And I have!)

Matt  (aka "Stock")

http://www.capital.net/users/stock/

    "You're antagonistic to the idea of being robbed, exploited,
degraded, humiliated or deceived.  Misery depresses you.  Ignorance
depresses you.  Persecution depresses you.  Violence depresses you.
Slums depress you.  Greed depresses you.  Crime depresses you.
Corruption depresses you.  You know, it wouldn't surprise me if you're
a manic-depressive!"
     "Yes, sir.  Perhaps I am."
     "Don't try to deny it."
--Joseph Heller, Catch 22