Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alan Parsons

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 97 08:40:05 +0100
Subject: Alan Parsons
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

let's see if this shows up in the digest at all.

In autumn 1996 Alan Parsons made a guest appearance in Viva II's show
"Geschmacksache" (a matter of taste). Among the videos he played
there were tracks by The Beatles, John Miles (Music), Beverley
Craven (Promise Me), Phil Collins (A Groovy Kind Of Love),
and the Alan Parsons Project (Turn It Up) [I didn't tape the whole
show]. His introduction for Wuthering Heights:

"Back in the early days of the Alan Parsons Project I remember
David Gilmour from Pink Floyd walking in with a young lass
who can't have been more than about 16 or 17 years old at that
time. Her name was Katie Bush, as she was referred to then, and
she was about to make an album with another colleague of mine,
Andrew Powell, who over the years has done the orchestral
arrangements for the Alan Parsons Project albums.
And he played me her first album when it was finished, back at
my house, must have been the late 70s I suppose. And I heard
this next song and said, "you've got a smash on your hands",
and of course it was true. And it launched the career of Kate
Bush: Wuthering Heights."

ciao,
Rolf