Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Has Kate changed your life at all?

From: Emmshaw@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 18:15:44 -0500
Subject: Has Kate changed your life at all?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
cc: cs5shaw@cis.qmced.ac.uk
Sender: owner-love-hounds

HELLO EARTH!

Has your love of Kate Bush changed your
lifestyle or behaviour?

I'm researching the way in which fanclubs
in general - and the whole Kate Bush network
in particular - are organised and affect
those who become involved. It seemed natural
to begin with the one in which I feel most
at home myself, so do let me have your own thoughts.

Specifically, I'm interested in:

1. What Kate-related song or happening most
touched your lifestyle?

2. Have any aspects of the matters discussed by
love-hounds on rec-music-gaffa become incorporated
into your life?

3. How important to you is the whole Kate wah-wah
(discussion group, Gaffawweb, and the more ephemeral
and infrequent meetings at conventions & parties;
Homeground and the like)?

4. In what way or ways would your life be different
without the Kate "network" (NOT the music itself;
just the various outlets for fans thenselves to
find a voice and a forum)?

5. Finally; do you have other interests in your
life which you would describe as being as dominant
as Kate and the forums which her music gives us
for expression?

PLEASE, PLEASE DO e-mail me privately <emmshaw@aol.com>
on this or any other aspect of Kate Bush which has
changed your lifestyle or behaviour; alternatively,
you may wish to share your comments with the list as a whole.

I'll be sure to let you know of any conclusions I reach.

Cheers for now

Emma Shaw
emmshaw@aol.com
cs5shaw@cis.qmced.ac.uk