Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Tour Schedule (Complete)

From: ttuerff@primenet.com (Tom Tuerff)
Date: 20 Dec 1996 00:34:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate Tour Schedule (Complete)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <32B96BF0.2703@efn.org>, briang@efn.org wrote:

> Steve Berlin wrote:
> >
> > "J. Anderson" <anderjd@cnw.com>, STILL not getting it, asks:
> >
> > >Subject: Kate on tour!!??
> >
> > >Anyone know when and where?
> >
> > >Seattle, Vancouver B.C. ??
> >
> > >I NEED to know..
> >
> > OK, here is the COMPLETE KATE TOUR SCHEDULE, 100% accurate (really!),
> > for the next two years:
> >
> > 1997:
> >
> > January:  [Kate will not tour this month]
> etc...
> >
> > The 1999 schedule is rumored to look exactly like 1998.
> >
> > - Stev0 the blindingly obvious
> >
> > "I'll take 'Amazingly Frequently Asked Questions' for 200, Alex."
> > "The answer is:  "Never, ever, at least not in our lifetime."
> > "What is 'When will Kate tour again?'"
> > "That is CORRECT!"
>

> This is a funny post! Thanks for the chuckle. But don't you think the
> person to whom you are responding deserves a more specific answer? He
> asked: Anyone know when and where? Seattle, Vancouver B.C. ??
>
> Answer: Seattle? Nah. Vancouver? Nope. Gaffa? Permanent gig.
>
> Brian

A funny addendum to this: about 8 years ago, I designed a T-Shirt in Zapf
Chancery Typeface (the hounds of love typeface) that said, "KATE BUSH
HOUNDS OF LOVE '85 ROAD CREW."

I came up with a list of cities and silk-screened them on the back of the
shirt.

Whenever I wore it and somebody who knew who Kate was would see it, they'd
go absolutely nuts, thinking they missed a tour. I made up wild stories
about being on the road with Kate (usually they involved
impossible-to-honor requests from Ms. Bush, pertaining to an elaborate
stage show which I made up every time I told the story).

I really screwed up a couple of people's reality with that thing. I wish I
still had it.

TT