Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Just another pretty face?

From: ANGLTRED@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 21:24:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Just another pretty face?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>About a half year ago, I questioned if Kate was not a beautiful woman,
>would all of you still listen to her music.  Seems as if the thread has
>returned in recent weeks.  I'm sure that her good looks helps, especially
>if one is to be an entertainer.  Whether you are attracted to men or women,
>a pretty face is more appealing than a plain one.  I'm looking forward to
>decades from now when she is crinkled as if an old apple, stumbling around
>with a cane, hawking up phlegm after every sentence, to see if any of us
>would still buy her records.  I sure hope we would!

See, yes Kate is naturally attractive, but she's more than just a pretty
face.  She's a damn good "character artist"--so many of her faces that we see
are the direct result of her creative imagination and artistic imagery.  Her
face is as unique as her music, but not necessarily because she was born that
way.  She creates her public persona and her physical features as much as she
creates her music.  And THAT is what makes Kate so utterly breathtaking.
 Even when she's not "beautiful", she's stunning....(i.e., the monster of
Exp. IV).  I also look forward to seeing how her increasing wisdom and
maturity is revealed in her character.  It's sure to be a spectacular sight.

Also, on the topic of Kate's possible depression....you may have a point,
Chris, but perhaps she's also just in an extended period of mourning, fully
experiencing her grief cycle, and not actually "depressed" per se.  I do see
your point, and agree with your evidence, but symptoms don't necessarily
predicate a specific disease, you know.  We're not experts.  We should leave
it up to them and let her deal with her depression without our ignorant
input, if that is indeed something she's struggling with.

Oh, and Chris...notice it was not me this time who brought up the "Is Kate a
witch" thread again?!  I'll never make that mistake again!  Enjoy.

Just my 2 cents worth...
~~~Samantha