Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"It's in the Trees.....It's commin....."

From: matt.adams@wmcmail.wmc.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 96 13:05:18 gmt
Subject: "It's in the Trees.....It's commin....."
To: Marit Sviggum <Marit.Sviggum@luh.hihm.no>, love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

     Hi Marit,

     You ask which film those lines were from?  Well they're from a film
     called Night of The Demon (UK) or Curse of The Demon (US).  The film
     is brilliant, it is to be shown on British TV this Christmas and has
     been given 5 Stars.  The Film is now available on video in Britain but
     under the American title.  This is, I suspect, to save confusion with
     a dreadful more recent movie of the same name.

     I think I am correct in thinking that the film is based on an M.R.
     James story "The Casting of the Runes" (or similar).  Kate used
     imagery from this film again in TLTCTC.  ("...and this line is your
     smile...")