Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re : It's coming .....to Channel 4 !

From: "Thalia's Nix" <wraith@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:30:11 +0000
Subject: Re : It's coming .....to Channel 4 !
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wraith@mail.ndirect.co.uk>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Marit appeared from out the foliage and whispered :

>I need to find out what film "It's in the trees,
> it's coming!" is taken from,...

Directed by Jacques Tourneur, I believe it is "Night of the Demon",
a 1957 adaptation of "Casting the Runes" by M.R. James.

Lucky Brits (I said "*Br*its" !!) will have an opportunity to view this
film from 23.40 Friday 27th December on Channel Four.

The same station is also scheduled to screen "The Innocents" (the filmic
translation of an excellently-voiced short story by *another* James -
and HAH the inspiration for "The Infant Kiss") just as "Oscar"'s eyes pop
out at : 01.45 "on Christmas day in the morning".

"Gawd bless 'em one 'n all !"