Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush

From: st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 13:08:40 GMT
Subject: Re: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <17855B3BDS86.SPACEDOG@VM.TEMPLE.EDU>, Farley Drexel Hatcher (SPACEDOG@VM.TEMPLE.EDU) wrote:
> In article <m0vUJKb-000G3iC@zoodle.robin.de>
> uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel) writes:
>
> >     Books mentioning Kate Bush:
> >
> >     Terry Pratchett - Eric
> >        [...]
> >        This footnote in "Eric" is also mentioned in David Langford's book
> >        "Terry Pratchett's Discworld Quizbook - The Unseen University
> >        Challenge", a book featuring various curious tids & bits from the
> >        discworld series.
>
>      Kate is also mentioned in War for the Oaks by Emma Bull.  One of the
> characters briefly mentions walking in time to the beat of Cloudbusting.

And also, strangely enough in "Immediate Action", ex-SAS soldier Andy McNab's
autobiography. Describing an evening in the cookhouse of an Army camp in
Northern Ireland:

	At the time, just after Christmas 1978, Debbie Harry and Kate Bush
	were on the same TOTP [Top of the Pops]. Debbie Harry was singing
	"Denis" and Kate Bush was doing "Wuthering Heights". When Kate Bush
	came on the whole rifle company used to shout, "Burn the witch!".

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,       <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)