Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW Vol. III & Live, etc.

From: Darrel Henry <darryl1@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 11:27:02 -0600
Subject: TWW Vol. III & Live, etc.
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi LoveHounds,

	Finally, after an interminable wait, (I mailed the check off
the first of October), they arrived just the other night - TWW Vol. III
and TWW Live. I ordered these from CDNow here in the states but they
are import CDs from Germany I believe. I'm planning on getting the boxed
set soon and TWW Vol's 1 & 2 come with that. The CD cover of TWW Vol. 3
is white with the KT fem symbol on the front 2x. On the back is
printed 'For promotional use only - Not For Sale', (both CDs have this printed
on the back), so apparently they qualify as bootlegs but if the folks
at CDNow are willing to sell; I'm buying. :-).

The tracklist for TWW III is:

1. Cloudbusting (video mix)
2. Eat The Music (extended mix)
3. You Want Alchemy
4. Shoedance
5. Show a Little Devotion
6. Moments of Pleasure (instrumental version)
7. Home For Christmas
8. Rubberband Girl (extended mix)
9. Candle in the Wind (instrumental version)
10. Don't Give Up

On the inside cover there is a supposed quote from Kate that reads -
"I don't generally get stopped in the street. People tend to just
smile at you. But you may have trousers on back to front"

On the disk itself, the only ID is GEMA which I believe I read
here in love-hounds is a German company, Am I correct?? The CD
also has some very nice photos though none on the disk, (white color),
itself.

TWW Live - Its color is green with the two KT fem sysmbols
in white on the front. The disk itself is dark green with the
GEMA label on it. The back has the "promo use only" label.

The Tracklist is:

1. Moments of Pleasure (London TV Show - 1993)
2. Running Up That Hill (London - Amnesty International Gig - 1987)
3. Let It Be (London - Amnesty International Gig - 1987)
4. Don't Give Up (London - P. Gabriel Concert - 1987)
5. Under The Ivy (London TV Show - 1985)  [One of my absolute KT favorites]
6. The Wedding List (London - 2nd Secret Policeman's Charity Gig  - 1982)
7. Breathing (London TV Show - 1980)
8. Moving (London Live Concert - 1979)
9. Violin (London Live Concert - 1979)
10. Wow Wow Wow (London Live Concert - 1979)
11. James and the Cold Gun (London Live Concert - 1979)
12. Oh England, My Lionheart (London Live Concert  - 1979)
13. The Long and Winding Road (Japanese TV Show - 1978)
14. She's Leaving Home (Japanese TV Show - 1978)
15. Wuthering Heights (USA TV Show - 1978)  [SNL? - I thought she only performed 2 songs]
16. The Man With The Child in His Eyes (USA TV Show - 1978)    [ SNL obviously ]
17. Them Heavy People (USA TV Show - 1978) 	[ SNL again ]

WHEW!! The photos printed on this are Very, Very Nice and the
included KT quote is:
"When it comes to my work, I am a creative megalomanic."

The sound quality of the Live vol. varies, of course, depending on the recording
source and some of the tracks are lip synchs but its pretty good overall.
I took them to work to play on my CD Rom - Its very inspirational to listen to
while writing Windows95 code. ;-).

The first disk, Vol. III has a playing time of 55:38 &
TWW Live is timed 67:20. So I think there is some great music on these CDs
and even though I've heard a lot of it already, its great to have it all
on CD and the pics are great too. The only drawback is the price.
I paid around $27.00 U.S. for each CD but I'm a hardcore KT fan so for me
it was worth it. I'm sure some of you may already have these but I'm
also sure a lot of you out there were interested to know also.
If anyone is interested in getting these, CDNow, (located in Pennsylvania),
is easy to find on the Net and they seem to be a reliable company,
I've ordered from them before.

Also, could anybody (probably someone in the UK) tell me what
The Comic Strip and GLC is?? I'd like to know what Kate's
song 'Ken' is about..??

Also, What is the difference between the original and the re-issues
of the picture disk for 'The Kick Inside'. I have two of them with only
slight differences and am just curious - I didn't know there were two
different versions of TKI pic disk. Basically the ones I have are stamped
with - YAX 5389-6-1-1 on the vinyl. They both have the 'Limited Edition
Picture Disk' slightly oval label on the front and on the back covers:
Made in England RS-12-77. Also on the backs: 1978 EMI Records Ltd. EMC 3223
Stereo OC 06206603. One has EMCP 3223 instead of the EMC 3223.
Anyone know about this obscure info????

I tried to think of a reply for the criticism's about the early KT videos
and I couldn't think of anything specific to say, even after watching
the Single File again this past weekend. The only comment I can make is
I think she used the elements of dance and movement very well with minimal
unnecessary special effects. Her early videos are simple and beautiful
with a magic all their own and I can't see how anyone would not appreciate
them - or have I fallen to deeply into the world of Kate that I can't see
reality??? (Yes, you've fallen to deeply into the world of Kate and
you can't see reality!).

Lastly, if anyone's looking for some good Christmas music to get, (other than
December Will Be Magic Again), get 'We Three Kings' by The Roches. Its a wonderful
recording of traditional Christmas songs in the Roches unique style.
I highly recommend it so get it quick and check out their other stuff
also, its great. Those who are familiar with The Roches know what I mean.

Adios.